February 21, 2005

Why???

Now why am I beginning something, which am not sure of ever continuing. I had begun keeping a diary last year, but somewhere down the line it became a bi-monthly affair. But am proud of the fact that I did take it up again towards the end of the year. This year I decided to continue the habit. But the situation seems worse than last year.

Even blogging is nothing new. The service I had subscribed to earlier saw only a single post from me, and that a poem not written by me. Do I have a problem writing down thoughts??? Well, no. I don't think that is the problem. I remember filling pages after pages when I was in college and school days were even better.

And it's not that I have stopped thinking. Maybe, the thoughts are no longer original or maybe it's because I have realized a thousand others have already thought that much before I even was. Or maybe I just don't want others to read my opinion. Am I scared of something? I honestly don't know!! Or maybe am plain lazy! Well, I think it's a combination of all the factors mentioned above.

Now that I have admitted the problem to myself, I think I will make an effort to overcome the block. I have seen friends who started blogging undergo a dramatic change. Within a few months their writing style imrpoved for the better. Some of the posts I read came as a surprise cos I never knew they could write so well or think so deep. I think blogging does free up your writing style. This is the only place where you can write what you want to write without bothering about deadlines and punctuation and grammar and the quality of content.

And since I feel writing about business and technology has kind of circumscribed my style and my thinking it's about time to explore the possibilities of getting out of the rut. And so blogging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home