March 07, 2005

Love or Money

Love or Money
You can have one
Choose, says God

You see I'm practical
So my choice is very obvious
I'll have the money
Love never lasts

Even your money won't last
Then I'll live with my memories
You may say, love lasts longer,
The memories are better
But I prefer things tangible
The pleasure you buy, will
Always light you up
But love is bitter sweet
More bitter than sweet
Full of pain and agony
Only to realize it was
An ILLUSION
Like a dead fly in ointment
Causes even sweet myrrh to stink
Love turned to hate
Only makes one more miserable
Nothing good will ever
Come out of it

1 Comments:

At 7:18 am, Blogger Sharmi said...

hey

I like this one. It has its moments. But I think it's way too cynical to be convincing, especially the last line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home